Monday, June 8, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner: Home Fries


Breakfast for dinner is one of those brilliant little feats that makes my world go 'round. Who can resist a short stack of pancakes or eggs with crispy bacon at such an inappropriate hour? Not this girl. I go for fluffy omelettes loaded with veggies and golden brown home fries on the side. So throw on your pajamas and grab your favorite coffee mug, because breakfast is served.


Home Fries

Ingredients

3 tbsp Olive Oil

1 1/2 lbs Red A Potatoes, halved or quartered. (Try to keep them roughly the same size)
2 Garlic Cloves, minced

1 tbsp Fines Herbes

1/4 tsp Dried Whole Rosemary Leaf (You can also use fresh rosemary as well)

In a 12 inch skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, fines herbes & rosemary, cooking until fragrant. Adjust the heat to medium high, add the potatoes and drizzle them with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. This will coat the potatoes and prevent sticking. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Turn the potatoes sparingly. This will help maintain a crisp golden crust and ensure even browning. Pan fry the potatoes for approximately 45 minutes-1 hour or until they are fork tender and golden brown. Once you can easily insert a fork into the potatoes, they are fully cooked. If not serving immediately, cover and place the potatoes in an oven safe dish at 200℉ until ready to serve. Serves 4.




4 comments:

  1. OH YUM. I've tried to make potato wedges (do you have a good recipe for those? Kind of similar to home fries I guess) and have used the same recipe twice, unsuccessfully. It's time for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey DeMo, why don't you forward me your recipe for potato wedges. I'd be happy to make some edits and give you a few new ideas. Send it to me at rachelgettingcooking@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast for dinner - if you cooked it for me I know I would love it. Auntie B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure you'd love it too!

    ReplyDelete